Friday, February 22, 2013

What the Marketplace Offers for Steampunk Style Home Decor

Steampunk style home decor is a look that anybody can afford. If you can mash things together with an artistic touch you would be working in eclectic steampunk. The steampunk look is from the beginnings of scifi, Jules Verne's style, with the touch of Victorian art nouveau and you will not miss the mark of the aesthetic.

The steampunk style has been here in the present era since about the 80's when new scifi writer's coined the word to describe their take on fiction and science. I became aware of the term about 5 years ago.

The look is what I am drawn to. As an artist I use the same kind of mixing for my greeting cards and framed pieces. My creations are not steampunk but I can appreciate the feast the eye encounters when confronted with a rich texture.

I started noticing that many items from other genres can be used to decorate your home or space to fit you steampunk sensibilities. I just went with the fantasy and gathered objects together for my readers as an introduction to this very modern new design idea. The active steampunk fan can pick what they think they can use for their living space to express their steampunk fantasies. I soon had 4 separate pages with my ideas.

Match steampunk, a metallic, shiny, mechanical mix with Mod Vic, modern Victorian, and the marketplace has what you need to steampunk your home.

The series of pages were fun to make and I enjoy keeping them loaded with new items that come onto the market, mainly through Amazon and Ebay, but I look for other web writer's steampunk contributions and offer their links, to give you the richness this genre offers.

Three pages to reap what the general marketplace has to offer for steampunk home decor.

 Steampunk Furniture Choices for the Home

 Create A Steampunk Kitchen

 Steampunk Bathroom Ideas


No comments:

Post a Comment